Hush now, don't let them pesky Music Police catch you here.
This is the 'banned' 6th MonthlyIndieMixtape which has been on the shelf for a while but now has resurfaced to see the light of day. Only problem is that the tracklisting is a secret. Or if you really want to know you can look back through my posts and find ***MonthlyIndieMixtape #6***.
This is good listening and all it took was one pushy music label to take it all away from you listeners. So fight the power and stay cool. Whatever that means.
The Secret No. 6 - Part 1.
The Secret No. 6 - Part 2.
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Saturday, September 18, 2010
Sunday, September 12, 2010
The Peep Tempel. Most likely the coolest 2 guys walking around the streets of Melbourne. Or so I have heard. You've probably walked by them before and felt the coolness just knock you to the ground, or maybe you don't come out of your house and prefer to masturbate to pictures of Katy Perry.
I've got a feeling the Devil was pissed with the world's output of pre-conceived crap-pop music so he grabbed himself a blender, threw in some Jello Biafra, a dash of ball sweat from Jay Reatard, a large shlosh of Keith Richard's Insanity juice and a slightly chewed up Tennis Ball and concocted The Peep Tempel. Two men to take balls out rock back to where it should be; the top.
Here's what they had to say about themselves...........
1. So come on, who are you and what the devil do you do in this thing you call a 'band'?
Stevie Strikes, I play the drums as hard as I possibly can.
2. Where and when did you guys first get together?
Blake and I both live in North Melbourne and first got together for a jam during the great summer of 2009.
3. What is it about your music that makes it stand out from the rest of the crowd?
We are fucking hot, and we only rip off the best.
4. What song or songs are you most proud of?
Thank you Machiavelli and Boots on the bed, they are just the most spontaneous of our recordings so far.
5. Which bands have influenced your own personal style?
Bands like Dead Kennedys, Jay Reatard and Fugazi.
6. How is being a musician different than everyday life?
Doing something that you passionately enjoy doing and not getting paid for it.
7. Who do you think is the worst band member at practice?
Since I am answering this question I would have to say Blake and being a two piece he would probably say me.
8. Other than the people you play with now, if you could get any musician, dead or alive, who would you entrust to be in your “Dream Band”?
9. Which musician could you spend a year with on a deserted island, know that what they could teach you would excel your music career tenfold?
Keith Richards,he would be good for climbing palm trees and collecting coconuts.
10. Other than this interview, what is the stupidest thing you have ever agreed to do?
Doing a show at Mt Hotham after a mushroom tea and then snowboarding down the summit. It was my first time snowboarding.
Now check out how they sound right here!!
Fatboy by The Peep Tempel
Thank You Machiavelli by The Peep Tempel