Sunday, November 1, 2009

***MonthlyIndieMixtape #6***

Good Movember to you all! Yes I say MO-vember as it has now become. Men all across the world will be growing dainty moustaches to raise awareness about male depression and prostate cancer. It's a great cause and lots of fun. I may even post a few pics with next month's mixtape of my Mo-progress! If you'd like to know more about Movember then check out Movember Canada.

Now down to the real reason we are all here. The 6th MonthlyIndieMixtape!!

It's a great list of tracks this month and one to definitely keep the ears happy. So check it out and let me know what you think!

Tracklisting:

Aufgang - Channel 7
Bad Lieutenant - Poisonous Intent
Band Of Skulls - Death By Diamonds And Pearls
Black Cab - Church In Berlin
Bridezilla - Western Front
Carrie - Tricara
The Cinematics - She Talks To The Trees
Colourmusic - Yes!
Dallas Frasca - Thank You For Making Me Who I Am
Dear Mutant - Desert Sun
Destry - It Goes On
Dragonette - Fixin To Thrill
Drummer - Summer Control
Electric Six - Body Shot
Firefly - Never By Your Side
Goonies Never Say Die - This One Took Forever
Gran Ronde - Secret Rooms
Headlights - You And Eye
The Heavy - How You Like Me Now
Hot! Donna - Boogie Girl
Hurricanez - Next Time
I Am The Ocean - City By The Lake
Joss Stone - Free Me
Julian Casablancas - 11th Dimension
Kenickie - Millionaire Sweeper
Landon Pigg - Falling In Love At A Coffee Shop
Left Lane Cruiser - Black Lung
Lissy Trullie - Self-Taught Learner
Little Comets - Adultery
Maps - I Dream Of Crystal
Matthew Good - The Boy Who Could Explode
Middle Distance Runner - The Sun And Earth
Monstertux- Blow
Old Canes - Little Bird Courage
Paige Armstrong - Lights Burn Out
Priestess - The Firebird
The Rocketboys - We Are A Lighthouse
Rodrigo Y Gabriela - Buster Voodoo
Said The Whale - B.C. Orienteering
The Scotland Yard Gospel Choir - I Pretend She's You
Sergeant -Counting Down The Days
Sherlock's Daughter -Sons And Daughters
The Slits - Had A Day
Spiral Stairs - Wharf Hand Blues
Stefy - Hey School Boy
The Swimmers - Give Me The Sun
Tegan & Sara - The Cure
Tenfold Loadstar - Hey Now
Them Crooked Vultures - New Fang
Train - Brick By Brick
Truant - Violence In A Cage
Turn Me On Dead Man - Killer Sound Waves From Space
Two Hours Traffic - Territory
Vampire Weekend - Horchata
Vedera - If You Go
Wallpaper - It's My Birthday
Weezer - I'm Your Daddy
White Denim - Say What You Want
Wolfmother - Violence Of The Sun
The xx - Crystalised


I received an email from the DMCA informing me of a copyright infringement with this months blog so I'm very sorry to all the bands who like the promotion but because I don't now what band or what song was infringing, I have to remove the whole lot! It's really not fair on all the small independent bands who are looking for a kick start but hey, you don't mess with the big boys so it would seem.

So if any of you cool, sassy, independent artists out there who wouldn't mind being featured on a MonthlyIndieMixtape, would like to contact me with a song or two then I would love to help you all out! Spread the word, MonthlyIndieMixtapes is here to help!

Once again, I'm very sorry to all you great bands but the man has spoken. We'll just keep on keeping on without them!


Also a quick heads up to check out a new blog that I have befriended. CMB: Calgary Music Scene are doing some great things for the local music scene so I must throw out a huge shout to them! Check them out here!

CMB: Calgary Music Scene

That's all for now kids!

Play it cool or don't play it at all!

The Doc.

No comments:

Post a Comment